Built in 1890, the Don Valley Brickworks Factory is located in the Don River Valley in Toronto. The quarry provides high quality clay to fabricate bricks. Many landmarks in Toronto were built with bricks form this company, like Casa Loma.
In the 1900’s this factory could produce a maximum of 100 000 bricks per day. During the second world war, german prisoners were used as workers, production was also reduced. In the 80’s most of the clay and shale in the quarry was used up and the company decide to cease production, they sold the land to the city and it remains in abandon since then.